How to Spot a Girl with Borderline Personality Disorder

Written by: Print This Article Print This Article
Use of Our Content (Reposting and Quoting)

Mrs. Treasures’ article on “How to Spot a Girl with Borderline Personality Disorder” might help some of you avoid unknowingly getting involved in a relationship that is almost certain to be a very difficult one.

How to Spot a Girl with Borderline Personality Disorder
You just met the girl of your dreams. But you feel some level of discomfort in the situation. The article spots the red flags. She might have Borderline Personality Disorder.

Click for full article:
How to Spot a Girl with Borderline Personality Disorder

The article does a really good job painting the progressive phases of the relationship with a Borderline.

Unfortunately, many of us don’t know what BPD is until we’ve had children with a Borderline. Having children with one seems to often trigger abandonment issues, and that leads to really nasty divorces including being harassed by false accusations and other dirty tricks that are part of the classic BPD distortion campaign.

If you think a friend or family member might be dating or have married a Borderline, please let them know about this article. It may literally save a life.

1. JR
    May 19th, 2010 at 00:49 | #1

What can I say this article reveals what I had suspected as the result of the negative way I was and still am being treated by my ex. Everything said in this article and your website about the BPD personality is exactly as I experienced it with her then and now.

Thank you for helping me to realize that people like her really are suffering from a devestating and debilitating desease which eventually will destroy the family and sadly will adversely affect the child.

Just to give you a tidbit; she walked away on her own back in 2003 with the intentions of hooking back up with an old ex-boyfriend whom she eventually married (she accidentally left behind his telephone number on a sheet of paper I found under our master bed). The day she left she was carrying my daughter in her tummy (she was 7 months pregnant). I had just got us into a new home after dropping out of college in my senior year and traveling one thousand miles to come to be with her and my child. Within 7 months of me giving everything up to make it right in the best interest of our family and children she made her getaway to her new boyfriend.

Five years later in 2008 she sues me for child support. I have had no visitations with my children in 7 years, it is now May 2010. Fear of having to deal with a such a vindictive and mentally unstable individual and (as you already know all too well) having to deal with a biased and therefore corrupt family court system has kept me from taking any action; because as you so clearly reveal here about these types of personalities -they- can- be- disastrously- harmful- when- angered.

I chose the path of no contact, also, because I had very little faith that anyone really cared. But the first sad fact of the matter is that people who suffer from these illnesses are protected by a corrupt and self ingratiating family court system of which Carol Rhodes aptly reveals. The second is that the people who work in this corrupt system and who are mostly and purposely inflicting mental and emotional distress on innocent parents- are human- just like us and they too often must live with familiar situations when they face similar circumstances.

JR

2. Atlanta One
    May 31st, 2010 at 21:58 | #2

Accurate article…good luck to my younger brother as he is going to need it…being married to an “acting out” BPD is not easy…

3. Jerri
    July 10th, 2010 at 14:55 | #3

F*ck you. Not all BPD suffers are like this. Why would you stereo type people like that?

4. July 12th, 2010 at 21:15 | #4

This is so true, my husband’s daughter has this illness, and she has done a great job at distorting her family, as if she didn’t come from her family. It is sad for her. It doesn’t affect me, and my husband has well, left it alone, I just feel bad for the new targets in her life, she will hurt them eventually because she is so torn inside.

5. July 12th, 2010 at 22:13 | #5

And most BPDs do act like the article states, they hate themselves and are very jelous of everyone. Your best bet is to leave a borderline alone, let the mama’s whom squeezed that out deal with that, and hopefully they have a normal mama!!! I’m sorry to say, but I left my borderline stepdaughter alone, not my problem, she is someone else’s curse.

6. Susan Keeton
    November 5th, 2010 at 01:32 | #6

There is truth to this “article” but the problem is there are SO many variables to every diagnosis, every human being, every situation and unfortunately for the people trying to live a healthy, productive life that gets lumped together with Glen Close and the dead rabbit – the odds get worse. I have been in intense therapy for quite some time now and I’d seriously challenge most of you who have decided that because of your personal situation you’re qualified to spew more bile and cause NOTHING but damage to others you know NOTHING about. I’m thankful to have this diagnosis. It has obviously opened my mind to suffering from both the receiving and originating ends of this disorder. Bone up on your boundary skills – I sure have.

7. Jaizzee
    November 27th, 2010 at 22:28 | #7

Having met and dealt with 2 ladies with this problem, I have some advice for you. First, let me explain why I ran into and keep running into them: If you’re a nice guy, ambitious and going somewhere with your life, you are their “Prince”… “Savior”.. “Dream-come-true”. It’s you they’ve been looking for all their life! Once you hear those words, she’s likely BPD.

How she will get you sucked in will be to mirror your lifestyle. Your passion and lifestyle is hers.. She automatically becomes the girl you’re looking for! (I’m ROFL right now..LOL)

Soon.. pretty soon, she can’t pretend and act like you anymore.. So you see who she really is and that turns you off. You then fail to meet her needs and desires as you’d been doing when you thought she was your kind of girl…and then you have become her worst enemy. All she’s waiting for now is a form of replacement for you and she’ll treat you so bad that you might end up crying..if you weren’t ready for it. They live from one rebound to the next rebound.. sometimes, returning to an ex- of 5 years or more.

Your role now: Know yourself!.. Don’t let her heartless, wicked actions get you feeling bad. She came into your life to leave eventually..and she’s gone. So, live happy.. If you have to go to court for the child you had with her (BIG mistake on your side..but I guess you didn’t know), go there, pay what you have to pay, don’t argue with her, just act as if she’s winning and making your life miserable. That makes her feel good about herself but you know better. You know yourself. Be happy that nature has removed this burden from you and you’re free emotionally. Celebrate man!!!
    –from experience.
    Jz

8. Sean R
    April 21st, 2011 at 03:35 | #8

@Jerri
    Sounds like you are borderline Jerri??? Having dated one for two years of pure hell!! I just how destructive they are….. Liars, Cheaters and Manipulators, to be avoided at all costs

9. Ray S
    May 10th, 2011 at 11:02 | #9

I have been married to one for eight years. She has been cheating on me for 4. We just finalized our divorce. Jaizzee advice is good agree on something fair as far as child support or visitation and don’t argue. We actually did an uncontested divorce and it went smoothly. The best thing to do is never to contact them again. It is hard for me because of my son and having to see her 3-4 times a week.

Jaizzee is correct. They play the poor me victim role perfectly. Usually telling you their tragic life story very early in a relationship. They are looking for a hero a rescuer. This is called idealization. They make you the center of their universe and because they have no sense of self or identity they become the person they think you want them to be. They are masterful actors and manipulators. They will worship you and be jealous and clingy until you do something that makes them decide you are not the person they wanted (could be anything, for me I believe it was a golf vacation for a week with friends, they can’t be alone and take it as abandonment. ) then they deflate or devalue you and find a replacement. They will discard you and make you feel horrible after that, the trouble is instead of leaving they will stay with you so they can take revenge on you. BPD are love addicts themselves and cannot be without a relationship. They do not feel whole because of no sense of self without someone else. Example of their abandonment issue is She told me if she sees me dating there will be hell to pay for me and for the girl.

The problem is people like myself that get hooked up with Borderlines especially for 9 years need help and have issues ourselves. This may include either being codependants or love addicts, or even narcissists.

10. VRT
    September 25th, 2011 at 05:33 | #10

So we can males can avoid you bpd waifs/Renshaws…? No drama queen bvd stalkers?

11. cuatezon
    May 7th, 2012 at 02:06 | #11

Thank you for this website. This and Dr. Palmtier’s website & all the info, comments have saved my life. We all make mistakes, even do things that inadvertently hurt others. I have defects. Yet I know one thing for sure…I don’t ever enjoy having hurt someone; if I know I’ve done something hurtful I feel really bad & try to make amends and make it right. BPDs, on the other hand, ENJOY HURTING PEOPLE. They enjoy conflict, they thrive in the drama & ‘action’. Its a form of thrill seeking for them I think. They are on the sociopath spectrum. Run, run, run from BPDs…

12. Patrick
    July 14th, 2013 at 18:01 | #12

My Girlfriend Jessica Frances Crew has this, I just know it. She is so out of control. Her parents dont know what to do with her. I dont either. She also put me in a bad situation that i could go to jail for.

13. August 29th, 2013 at 13:58 | #13

I want to know how to extract my son out of one of these relationships. He is losing his sanity being married to her. And he has been gaslighted, threatened and psychologically beat down so much, he doesn’t see it for what it is anymore. Could someone please give me some advice. Most websites say there is nothing we can do. But I’m afraid if we don’t get him out soon, he will be dead, or lost mentally. Please someone give me some kind of advice!

1. March 13th, 2010 at 22:20 | #1